Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Computer Go... BOOM!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information
Name: Lazorz
Class: Priest
Proffesions: Enchanting/Tailoring

Computer Go... BOOM! Empty
PostSubject: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 am

Hey guys,
Unfortunately, on Tuesday night we had a terrible storm, which sent a serge through our telephone line, destroying it along with our broadband connection, which also desided to go through my router, my pc and my xbox.

So everything is ruined! I don't know how long it will be till I am back up and running again.
I know I am only a trial member, but it was just to let you know why I maybe inactive for a couple of weeks.

Sorry guys,

Lazorz
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information
Name: Lynqalot
Class: Warrior
Proffesions: Engineering/Mining

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 am

No problem dude, cya when your online!
Back to top Go down
https://reset.forumotion.com
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 am

Well at the minute I'm posting this from work.
But at home, we have no telephone, no broadband, my pc is completely fryed and my xbox now has a red ring error, and the router has blown up.
Obviously I'm hoping 2 weeks is the maximum I'll be without anything. But hopefully it will be sooner, fingers crossed.

I'm gutted though, was hoping to get my t9 shoulders, and the conquest gloves this weekend! Lol!

Well see ya'll soon Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:10 am

That is very annoying for yourself indeed, maybe you would benefit from a high surge protecting plug extension? did you have a big one before or just a normal one?
Back to top Go down
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:08 am

I have did have a surge protector for all my mains plugs, but the surge came from the phone line which is not connected to a surge protector, it does have the function to plug in a phone line, but my set up at home to recieve the broadband in my bedroom is a rather complicated one, and the sockets to plug the phone line into the surge protector I don't have.

This is the, probably, third time this has happened to me, and it's getting beyond a joke!
But there isn't really alot I can do, I will be searching for some kind of phone line serge protector that will be compatible with the cables I've got up stairs. Other than that it's off to buy some new componants for my PC and hope they are the only that have blown!

Grr... What a pain! I want those shoulders! Lol!

Well I wish all you guys luck with your next few raids, and hope you manage to whoop some ToC ass cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:18 am

We had two groups that cleared toc 10 normal, we cleared beasts in TOC10 HC, and very closed to downing jaraxxus as well.

I think we managed 2/5 in 25 or 3/5 25.
Back to top Go down
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:31 am

Nice, good job guys.

Well I hope that once I get back online, get my shoulders and gloves, and if I pass my trial period I can join you guys on a raid, and help with progress Smile

We're claiming on our insurance, so gotta take my PC to local shop to get it tested and then see how much they will give me. Then its just a case of getting the componants and building a new pc pale
Back to top Go down
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 am

Just an update:

I now have a PC, it's just something to cover me untill I build a new one, but after a long phone call to my ISP we still have a major fault on the line, causing me to have a speed of 148kbps. So untill that has been resolved, which had better be this week, I'll still be un-able to really play the game.

Today I experienced latencys between 500 and 3000, and I keep getting disconnected from server. So I can't even do a couple of instances to get my badges untill this is resolved!

So as much as I maybe on and off, I won't be doing much. I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:44 am

Good Luck with your internet problems!
Back to top Go down
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:46 am

Well I now have a stable enough internet connection to play, with some tiny lag spikes. I have got my ISP looking into why my internet speed is still so low.

But at least I can play the game now cheers
Back to top Go down
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 8:39 am

As of this morning my internet speed issues has supposably been solved. cheers

But now it just needs testing, but it seemed better when I was playing on my lunch break.
Just need to test it in an instance, then all should be sorted and I should back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 am

Good good, what is your character name on WoW is it Jinfu?
Back to top Go down
Jinfu

Jinfu

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 am

Sorry, I have a character called Jinfu (my druid) but my priest is Lazorz.

I only put my user as Jinfu, cause most people (well who I play wow with lol) all me Jin, and I just get used to it lol.

And, the final update, it works lovely all is well and good cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer Go... BOOM!   Computer Go... BOOM! Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer Go... BOOM!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: World of Warcraft :: General Chat-
Jump to: