Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anub 10 hc progress

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iir

Character Information
Name: Iir
Class: Paladin
Proffesions: Mining/Ench + JC/BS

Anub 10 hc progress Empty
PostSubject: Anub 10 hc progress   Anub 10 hc progress EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:39 am

First of all, Anub went fairly good yesterday!
Lomein and I have spent some time looking over the logs, reading tactics and comparing runs, so just a few conclusions that we ended up with:

First off, getting it into P3 with only one submerge makes it a lot easier. (Since less chance of people dying on the second round of kiting that is a lot harder than the first one).

Second, looking over the dps on the tries, we are literally missing 2K dps in phase 3 (this is from calculations and looking at other people's kills, we would need about 48K raid dps on p3, while we are floating around 46K). Most of our good tries ended with Anub at about 700K or 800K health provided no one died. With an extra 2K during hero (40seconds) that is literally the 800K we need do down it. Now, the 2K isn't a flat overall increase, its about 1,5 increase + the efect from hero (meaning like 200-300dps per person). The reason we are struggling with this requierment is not a matter of skill, but the fact that a lot of our dps does not have full 232 for this encounter, as you are actually meant to have to make it easy.

Third, for the extra survivability in p3, to drag it out as much as possible and to make the dps as high as possible. Every caster should get a stack of wild magic potions, melee should use potion of speed in p3, both ssorn and phil should pop indestructible potion before p3 starts. Also, I am not sure what set ssorn was using, but a heavy block set would save us a bit of time when 4 adds are up. Also, Phil sould actually not use last stand (heals boss less). Everyone stacking at the boss will also make healing easier since my HL is glyphed to splash heal people. Also, people dying in p3 is normal. (Actually makes the boss heal less) Once Ssorn dies, there is actually a bit of time to still kill the boss (if phil taunts he will be alive for like 10-15sec), all dps should just pop deterrence etc anything to drop aggro and stay alive.

Also, the reason that p3 seems to take so long is that, although the boss enters it at 1,5mil, then during the time we dps it, it actually heals for about a full 1 million of health. Making the amount we need to dps down 2,5 million.

So overall, we are missing just a tiny tiny bit to get it down. Just 2 or 3 gear upgrades for some dps might be all we need to down it. Since after the wonderful 21 wipes yesterday I think everyone knows the tactics even in their sleep now Smile
Back to top Go down
Ssorn
Admin
Ssorn

Character Information
Name: Ssornosam
Class: Mage
Proffesions: Enchanting/Tailoring

PostSubject: Re: Anub 10 hc progress   Anub 10 hc progress EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks for the informative post, yes I think with the extra time we had of the friday night enabled us to get a few good trys in, hopefully when the issues are ironed out we shall get him down :-)
Back to top Go down
Ssorn
Admin
Ssorn

Character Information
Name: Ssornosam
Class: Mage
Proffesions: Enchanting/Tailoring

PostSubject: Re: Anub 10 hc progress   Anub 10 hc progress EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:25 pm

P.S I expect all the raiders to read these posts! - This means you chemic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anub 10 hc progress   Anub 10 hc progress EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 am

so when are we hitting the sucker again ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anub 10 hc progress   Anub 10 hc progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Anub 10 hc progress
Page 1 of 1