Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holy build - which way to go?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iir

Character Information
Name: Iir
Class: Paladin
Proffesions: Mining/Ench + JC/BS

Holy build - which way to go? Empty
PostSubject: Holy build - which way to go?   Holy build - which way to go? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:33 am

Well at my gear level right now I have 2 ways I can decide to go with my raiding gear.
1. stack intellect (slower casts, more mana)
2. stack haste and sp (fast casts, oom).

The perfect option 1 is a pala with stacked int that tops the mana to about 28-30K (in theory achievable for me at this gear level).

The perfect option 2 are these two paladins:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sen%27jin&n=Zaroua
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sen%27jin&n=Scrubbles

Basically option 1 = longevity, option 2 = flexibity.

Basically the build I should choose depends on the overall guild progress. The 2nd option is viable when raid dps is high enough that healers don't have to heal very long. It's also the ideal build for 2healer 10mans. At the moment I'm not sure which way to go since while I feel a lot more comfortable with the haste + sp build seems like at this point our fights are still too long to make the full transition.

Ideas, suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Ssorn
Admin
Ssorn

Character Information
Name: Ssornosam
Class: Mage
Proffesions: Enchanting/Tailoring

Holy build - which way to go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy build - which way to go?   Holy build - which way to go? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 am

This is an interesting question Iir the two Stackables INT and SP seem to have caused some trouble for paladins when gearing for high end raids, heres what Ensidia said on the matter:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How do you feel about the growing trend of most healer classes purely stacking intellect for raiding and nothing else?

Mek: im actually removing a lot of int for spell power now. cause you wanna lower until you are like dry on a 10 min fight basically. int is like only worth stacking if you need the mana. otherwise spell power is better. hps man! keeps ppl alive. no point in finishing a fight with 15k mana left. its the same for paladins. common misconception to mindlessly stack int. spell power keeps people alive, not int.

Mackzter: don't zerg stack int just because you saw it in a spreadsheet kids! That Protec guy from Method, 30k mana and like, 2k spell power, NICE brah. using the blue JC trinket, good choice."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they have a legitimate point on stacking SP over INT, but obviously they raid at the highest level and all the dps will be amazing, the problem with you making the decision at the moment is that we are still in a transitional phase on Normal Modes for ToC and Ulduar and so we dont really know if OOM is going to be a problem on the hardmodes, or indeed when we start Icecrown Citadel how much healing will need to be done to keep us surviving.

Another well know pala`s opinion I pulled from the forums;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question is, when do you have "enough" int to not go oom? This is a question that can only be answered individually based on the content you're running, your relative gear level, and the capabilities of your guild. Really, a pally needs to be very attuned to his or her own gearing/capabilities to determine how to best gem.

Imo, if you aren't sure of the answer, there are two "safe" ways to go:
(1) Gem straight int. It may or may not be ideal for you, but it's hard to go too far wrong that way.
(2) Gem with int gems in yellow slots, sp/mp5 in blue slots, and sp/int in red slots, if the socket bonus will give sp, int, or mp5. If it will give crit, stam, or some other weak stat, just gem for int. Then if you find yourself going oom on any given encounter, you can swap in some int/mp5 gems in blue slots, or start skipping socket bonuses to gem for more int. Alternatively, if you're ending every single fight with 10-15k mana remaining, start swapping in either sp/int gems in yellow slots or pure sp gems in red slots until you're finishing with 5-6k or less.

You pick up a slightly more balanced stat array with (2) at the cost of a little longevity that you get with (1). For some rules of thumb, if you dramatically overgear your content, go with (2), or even a more extreme spellpower array. If you're about on par for the content you're doing gear-wise (and so is the rest of your run), go with (2). If you're undergeared for the content you're doing (which usually means hard mode progression), or are running with people who will make it more challenging than it has to be, go with (1).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were you I would be thinking, "currently are my guild in general better or worse geared than me?", and "are we going to progress hardmodes" The answer IMO is that you are one of the better geared players, with Ilve 245 in some slots, you have infact a higher overall Ilev than Me and Lynq, and yes we do intend to progress in hardmodes, so I think for the moment Personally I would stack INT as this will help us keep the boss fights going untill the general gear level of the guild Improves, then you could stack as much SP as you want.

At the end of the day tho its your choice :-)
Back to top Go down

Holy build - which way to go?
Page 1 of 1