Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warlock raiding build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Souljaboi

Character Information
Name: Name
Class:
Proffesions: Proffesions

Warlock raiding build Empty
PostSubject: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:49 am

Seeing as I'm pretty much the only warlock part of the raid crew at the moment (I'm sure Ssorn will come soon too with Paingame) I'm not surprised by the lack of warlock class discussion. So as the main resident warlock, I think it's pretty much my duty to start one Smile It just seems that every possible raiding warlock out there uses pretty much the same cookie-cutter destruction specc, with just a few changes here and there. While destruction clearly offers great dps, i find it hard to believe that it would be the only thinkable specc for warlocks in raids. I was a member of Grey Dye a while back (althought they might be falling apart now, they were pretty big back then) and the warlock class leader there kept ushering people to go for affliction specc for raids, and even claiming that with the right mix, a demonology specc also could out-damage the destruction specc. Again, it might be silly of me to ask this in a guild where warlocks are among the least represented classes, but do you guys have any tips/ideas of other possibilities when it comes to specc or dps rotations? I for one would love to get some variety from my destruction specc, which has remained unchanged since level 70 Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information
Name: Lynqalot
Class: Warrior
Proffesions: Engineering/Mining

PostSubject: Re: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:43 am

Well an awesome site if you dont know about it, is www.maxdps.com - it seems to work every time for being the best dps possible whilst raiding.
Back to top Go down
https://reset.forumotion.com
Souljaboi

Character Information
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks, I didn't know about it. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
iir

Character Information
Name: Iir
Class: Paladin
Proffesions: Mining/Ench + JC/BS

PostSubject: Re: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 am

Hey soppen, I was just wondering about warlock aoe capabilities. How much do you use aoe (rain of fire)? Seems like at fights like Freya it would be rather useful? I'm usually too busy healing to notice the spells most other people use. How useful is it at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Lynqoid
Admin
Lynqoid

Character Information
Name: Lynqalot
Class: Warrior
Proffesions: Engineering/Mining

PostSubject: Re: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I dont know what soppen thinks, but I think that seed of corruption is one of the most damaging AOE abilites, how does SOC compare with Hellfire soppen?
Back to top Go down
https://reset.forumotion.com
Souljaboi

Character Information
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 6:07 am

Can't say I've ever really given seed of curruption a try as it gains nothing from my destro specc. I think it gains the ability to crit a a bit down into the affliction tree, but without that skill i don't think it's worth the mana/global cooldown to use it. Rain of fire hits for about 1-1,5 k and crits for 2,5-3k, and it should crit pretty often. Rain of fire combined with shadowflame + shadowfury for stunning is pretty much what makes up my AOE abilities. I don't really know much about other classes AOE dmg to decide wether my AOE is stronger or weaker, but i generally have the same dps as AOE focusing shamans, mages and druids (druids might be a bit higher), so i figure i can't be doing it that wrong Smile When it comes to hellfire, I don't think I've ever used it in a serious raid, as it requires me to be in the middle of the mobs I'm attacking, being an easy pray while I damage myself at the same time. Seeing as i often draw the aggro of one or two stray mobs while AOE'ing, the chances for me being one shotted would be too big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warlock raiding build   Warlock raiding build Empty

Back to top Go down

Warlock raiding build
Page 1 of 1